Thursday, February 16, 2012

Colors and Textures of Morning





I went back over to Hildacy Farm Preserve this morning hoping to get a better look at the Red-shouldered Hawks.  I saw the hawks,  red grass and a red fox.  The fox was a bit too far away and the morning a bit too dark for a good photo but the hawk, you can see, was very compliant.  I should also mention the sunrise was intensely red.  I hoped to get a good view at the Preserve but by the time I arrived the sun was smothered by the overcast sky.  The rest of the day has been 40 and drizzly so I'm glad I made use of the "bright" nice part of the day.  And it was nice with frost on the ground and no glaring sun to blot out the subtle colors and textures of winter.  (Which it still is despite the lack of obvious indications...like snow.)

No comments: