Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doing it Again

I don't know if you love this project as much as I do. Probably not, but how can you argue with these great results? This time the kids are older, primarily 9ish (last time the kids were 4). These guys are pretty familiar with marker and line although a bit shy and concerned with "getting it right."


I love the unexpected things that happen in the shape works. Because they aren't as familiar with this way of working they are more creative. This is also a great precursor to finding shapes in drawing which is very important for observational drawing. I should remember to tell the parents that. Some of them were unimpressed.





Ha. This one is packing heat but lets just pretend it's a boot or something. Check out the folded collar on the pink coat. I wish we could do these every week.



This artist worked quickly and had time to do another one. The second time she broke out the pinking shears and had some fun.

1 comment:

rocky canonica said...

i love the cut paper pieces. completely open--makes you wish you could get that sense back. i felt compelled to comment on these. i check your blog often and always am inspired.
rock
p.s. i have an image on my blog of one of your old paintings hanging in my house...leo LOVES it.