Thursday, August 27, 2009

Maramac Caverns


Another shot of beautiful Maramac Caverns. When I look at my photos I can forget all the cheesy, annoying things they make you go through to look at the awesome formations. This is a photo of some kind of special rounded formations that only form under one particular set of circumstances. I can't remember what those are, although I think it had to do with being under water. But my experience of this portion of the cave was overwhelmed by a crazy lady (probably just temporary insanity) who decided to get a photo of all 4 of her kids backed by the stunning formations. Kid number 1 (ish) didn't want to cooperate and so set off a reaction that resulted in his mom screaming at him to sit their and smile g-dd-mmit while the rest of the 40 people on the tour wondered what she was thinking. Don't know if that will make it into the Christmas cards but I used the opportunity to point out to Olivia how wonderful her own mother really is- ha.

No comments: