Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Will Never Go Outside Again

I will never go outside again. Never. Not even to get to the car. And even if I could get to the car it's not safe. It may be infested. Or there could be one left. If you think I'm overreacting you should have seen my shirt today. The inside of my shirt. With 20 tics. On the INSIDE of my shirt. This does not count the six tics I pulled off the butt of my jeans. And at least 10 off the legs of my jeans (before I went inside, where I pulled off another dozen.) Before I knew what was going on I tossed 3-5 tics off my shirt (the outside of it) where they were crawling around. After changing my shirt and removing ALL of the above mentioned tics (at least 40) I pulled 3 more out of my hair. While driving home. Gross. And yes, after all that, and leaving my shoes outside and stripping naked, dumping all the clothes into the wash, I pulled ANOTHER (insert expletive) tic off my leg.

For all that suffering I did get some good bird shots. Including this guy who may be a hooded oriole. Or not. I'm waiting for an ID from a bird guy I know. (ID's in. She's a female orchard oriole. CORRECTION: This is a juvenile male orchard oriole!)


Cool. But there's a very good chance that this is where I got those tics. So I don't know. It might be my last bird photo ever. We'll see how I sleep tonight. I think I'm going to have nightmares. With tics. (Since I'm updating, no tic dreams. Just lots of black ink spilled onto white carpet. What does THAT mean??)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you continue taking bird photos! They're absolutely gorgeous.

MarieE said...

Yikes! Were they deer ticks?? Hope you're ok.