Saturday, August 6, 2011

Out for a walk

Olivia and I spent a few hours at Tyler Arboretum yesterday. She bagged 14 butterflies and I photographed some birds. These are generally compatible activities although...there are also conflict of interest scenarios. For example, I'd been chasing this towhee all over the place trying to get a closer photo only to have Olivia scare him off chasing after a butterfly.

So this is my best shot.


On the other hand, if this little wren had come any closer I would have had to step back to get the shot. I first saw him fly into a pine tree across the path from me. Little did I know that he wanted in to the bird house right behind me. Glad I didn't scare him off his task.


And finally, a colorful shot from the butterfly house. One of Olivia's contributions!

1 comment:

PJ van Zyl said...

did i mention that your Blog is awesome ? ;-)