Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hawk Mountain





We all gave our new hiking boots a workout on Hawk Mountain.  The trail went across those rocks in the last photo and then dropped down out of sight.  I chickened out when I was going to have to jump/fall three feet to the rocky/icy ground below.  Matt and Olivia, being significantly taller than me, had already made it past that point.  So imagine me sitting wedged in between two rocks, feet dangling in the air, calling "ABORT, ABORT!"  It was all totally dignified.  I eventually disengaged myself from the rocks and we went back the other way.  Maybe when the ground is totally dry and I grow two feet we can try again.  At any rate we had a really great hike and spent about four hours climbing over rocks and stones.  A very beautiful day!

No comments: