Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Some Birds I've Ecountered Lately

 Huh?  


I personally think Tufted Titmice are a bit shrill.  Not that I don't love them anyway, but whenever I check to see who is out at the feeder making my ears bleed it's always a titmouse.

I did not know that Brown Creepers visited feeders until I saw this guy happily climbing all over it and pecking away.  A tiny little bird with an awesomely long tail.



This White-breasted Nuthatch reminds me of an old cartoon we used to see on Nick Jr. when Olivia was little.  I just spent 20 minutes trying to find it and failed.  But essentially the pig didn't want to share or take turns and was hogging the rocking horse.  All the while singing at the top of her lungs.  

Kind of like this...



And then there's this guy, a Carolina Wren.  Such a loud song for such a little bird but much more enjoyable then the titmouse.



And finally, a Downy Woodpecker and an outrageously blue sky.


No comments: