Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall




I could make an argument for each season as my favorite.  I usually find myself saying "_______ is my favorite season" as ________ season approaches.  The only season I don't like is whichever one has long periods without sun.  As long at the sun is out (at least in part) every few days I am happy.  But having said all of that Fall really is one of my favorite seasons.  I have spent almost all of my life either as a student, the parent of a student, or a teacher and I have never lost the sense that Fall is the time to get things done.  I love the sense of crisp productivity that fall inspires.  Two weeks into it and I already have clarified a lot of the confusion left over from summer.  I have plans and I know what I'm doing. 

This will undoubtedly be followed by a post complaining about how I don't know what I doing in the studio.  That "season" is more like a monthly cycle or, as the child rearing books explained it, part of an endlessly cork-screwing cycle of equilibrium and disequilibrium.

No comments: