Monday, October 7, 2013

Juvenile Night Heron






Friday I got hit by a woman who was too busy texting to drive.  My car doesn't even seem to have a scratch on it but I got a bit of a concussion.  I also got a night off work which I didn't enjoy thanks to the dizzy, nauseous feeling.  But the doctor said it would be fine to go on my Cape May trip on Saturday I just had to talk Kim into driving me.  (Thank you Kim!)  She dragged me a bit reluctantly to Cape May Point State Park where we had a fabulous time and came upon this Juvenile Night Heron (black crowned, I believe) hanging out right near the bridge.  And finally a bird sits close enough for my 200mm lens.  You can even see the nictitating membrane at work, half closed in the fourth photo and fully closed in the last.





No comments: