Monday, December 29, 2008

December in the Studio

This piece is roughly 7 feet in diameter. It's double sided (as are all of the sewn pieces I've been making) but I think this is the "front." It would be great to hang them on a transparent surface but in the mean time I've turned it around for a view of the other side:




This is on the machine with "I tried to stop" and "All that's left of my heart" hanging on the wall in the background.

This is "I tried to stop" almost finished. I sewed an edge at the top but haven't rephotographed it since. Each individual shingle in this piece is a 4" square with text on it.

2 comments:

cocs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cocs said...

haha. i was saying i love your dec work you're really on to something. then i proceeded to give you lily's email again and # for the new gallery connect. but i was like shit... LOL ... public website. i sent her the blog link tho!