Saturday, December 27, 2008

Maximalist Christmas

Olivia is going through her "anti-minimalist" phase. The cookie cutter that made this bird used to be a reindeer. You probably know the one...it's the cookie cutter with the narrow pieces that ALWAYS break, sometimes before baking, sometimes after baking, and sometimes even after decorating. But even if they don't break off that leg, or antler, is always overdone. So I reshaped it into a bird shape. We've been bird watching all year so it seems appropriate to add a bird to our cutter supply. The narrow santa cutter is on next years hit list.

My favorite part of the holidays is making things. It's probably the reason Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. In fact if I review my life I find a lot of the things I get excited about involve making stuff. The best part of planning for my wedding was making the dresses. This year I actually finished all of my gifts on time, unlike the wedding dress which I was still sewing 10 min before the wedding.

Dream big, work hard and have a Happy Holiday!

No comments: