Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love the Garden

It's time for some garden shots again. I'm not sure what this first plant is. My neighbor is growing it and I love the yellow, not to mention those green crispy leaves. I could grow a whole garden just for the shape of the plants! But then I'd miss out on the tomatoes whose plants are a big huge mess. (Partly because I planted them too close together and partly because I don't have big metal cages to contain them.) I pulled my first ripe tomatoes today. Saturday I couldn't wait any longer and fried up some green ones-yum! This whole tomato thing is very exciting (to me anyway) because last year they all rotted and died.


This big monster is in my garden. It's a volunteer from ancient times. Seriously the stem (at what point is it considered a trunk?) is at least 3" in diameter. A woodpecker was hiding in this one when I arrived but he flew off before I got a good shot.

No comments: