Monday, November 8, 2010

The Great Wissahickon Project



If you read this post you won't be surprised when I say my sewing machine has died. The poor thing struggled along through two years of heavy abuse. I wish I had video of my "sewing experience." No one but me ever witnessed the turn handle flying across the room. One time it took two days to find as it rolled under a shelf. I did TRY to remember to take it off after I used it, but often I forgot.

You can read more about that at Kickstarter where I've started a project to raise money for an industrial sewing machine and what I'm calling The Great Wissahickon Project. Many of the works I've made have been inspired by rock formations. The Great Wissahickon Project will involve the community in creating a new work inspired by the Wissahickon Schist formations common to the area.



I took this photo before I figured on how to adjust my shutter speed so it's a bit blurry. Please visit the site above, maybe purchase a print, and pass the link onto others. The project will only happen if it's fully funded in the next 30 days!!!

No comments: