Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Memory & Inspiration

I need to start this post by saying I love the internet. And I especially love people who put things on the internet. It took me the better part of an hour to figure out how to remove a still image from my imovie9 footage-no thanks to imovie's "help". ANYWAY, now I can actually write my post!



Since I made the movie for my Great Wissahickon Project I've gotten my video camera back out. More importantly I've gotten all of my video footage back out. I've always wanted to do something with it, especially the video I shot in Cameroon. (Most of which will make you sick to watch because I can't seem to hold the camera still.) Today I was putting together a clip (see it here) and was struck by the correlation between these feathered costumes and the scale pieces I've been making.



It's been 7 years since I visited Cameroon. I had forgotten about those costumes until today. Or at least I THOUGHT I'd forgotten them, because obviously I had not.

1 comment:

cocs said...

ohlala i never thought of that!