Saturday, July 2, 2011

Great Spangled Fritillary




While I was walking to the farthest reaches of the arboretum yesterday I saw all kinds of birds. Unfortunately I did not have my camera. I couldn't take a single picture. Not of the cardinal wrestling a bug right in front of me, nor of the blue birds on the fences, nor of the indigo bunting so much closer to me then the one I shot at Longwood Gardens!! Nope. But I figured it was ok because we could come out the next day and I could walk the same path and take all of those awesome photos. Or not. Because I did not see any of those things. Well, I did finally see bluebirds but not close enough for a photo. But that's ok because I got some great photos of a great spangled fritillary. Even more exciting, Olivia managed to catch one for the butterfly house. I love that you can see the pollen on the hairs on the second photo.

No comments: