Friday, November 2, 2012

Birds of Woluwe Park

Some kind of crow but I'm not sure what kind.

Eurasian Coot.  I can never get over those feet!

Egyptian Goose.  These are the birds I saw from the road.

Tufted Ducks.  I think but it would be good to confirm.  Maybe they are Lesser Scaup??

Upland Goose.

Chaffinch

Eurasian Coot babies

Eurasian Coot, parent and child

Eurasian Moorhen

Great-crested Grebe

Great-crested Grebes

As we were driving out of Brussels the first time desperately trying to figure out how to get on the highway to Luxembourg I saw a park.  And in that park, even as we were speeding by, I could see that there were birds I wanted to stop and photograph.  So on our last night in Europe after visiting the art museums that had been closed the first time around I dragged Matt and Olivia out to Woluwe Park.  This is probably too many photos for one post but I feel like it's time to wrap this trip up and I really did see all these birds in less than an hour.  So here they are identified to the best of my ability...ahem.

No comments: