Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flying Squirrels






I'm pretty sure as a child I thought flying squirrels were in the same category as paint that would render you invisible, in other words, imaginary.  But at some point last year I noticed that Manassas Battlefield National Park had flying squirrel photos on their website.  And that's when it first occurred to me that I might actually be able to see a flying squirrel.  (In between 8 and 41 I think I developed the idea that flying squirrels could be found in other countries/locations like maybe Brazil or the Amazon or something.)  I got even more excited when I saw a photo someone took at Hawk Mountain of a flying squirrel at a bird feeder.  But I can honestly say I did not think I would ever see one at my own feeder.  Well I didn't.  I saw at least 5.  This is so exciting it warrants an extra post for today. 

No comments: