Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Duck Days

Common Merganser
Hooded Merganser
American Wigeon etc
Gadwall
Lesser (or greater but I think lesser) Scaup
Mallard and Lesser Scaup
I wasn't going to venture out into the cold today but a traffic jam on I-95 changed my mind.  It was windy and very cold but the ducks were loving it.  Heinz served up the Mergansers, Common and Hooded, along with some Canada Geese and Mallards.  FDR had the Wigeon and Gadwall (not to mention Shovelers, Coots, and Mergansers.)  I initially thought the Wigeon was a very nice looking Gadwall so I think that makes it my first Wigeon.  The Philadelphia Navy Yard had Scaup, Lesser I believe, along with the Mallards.  I also saw Bufflehead at both FDR and the Navy Yard but couldn't get close enough for a decent shot.

No comments: