Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where it all begins

I'm the one on the hike slowing everyone down because I'm stopping to take pictures. Trees, flowers, clouds, moss on rocks and of course animals. Since I'm the distracted walker Olivia and Matt are often up ahead scaring off any wildlife I might want to photograph. That just adds to the challenge. I (only partially joking) told Matt that if I didn't photograph it then it wasn't real.

But I'm not serious. The serious guys have really big cameras. I think I saw a three foot lens the other day. I have a good but modest camera. It's also light which is helpful. I didn't see any three foot lenses when we went bouldering! As it was I had to tie my camera to my back with my sweater to climb over the rocks. I spent some time considering what my spine would look like if I fell on my back.

I'm going to begin my blog with tonight's eclipse of the moon. It was freezing out here in Harrisburg, PA but very beautiful.







2 comments:

Endymion said...

I once heard that the difference between a professional and an amateur was that an amateur showed you all their work and the professional only showed you their best. Of course, that's what they tell ya to get you into photography classes.
You seem to be an extremely talented painter. Thanks for sharing that link. (Stay warm)

cocs said...

oh wow. that is a good photo of the eclipse!!