Saturday, May 3, 2008

Delaware

We went down to Delaware today to see sea birds eating horseshoe crabs. We did see quite a few of those, although too far away for my camera. Much of our sea bird viewing was foiled by fog. Luckily we stopped on the way home at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. Our first, and most exciting, encounter was with these fox kits sunning themselves outside their den.



The blue grosbeak was not impressed by our car and sat in the road long enough for me to get a photo. That worked out well since I didn't actually know what it was. The area is very beautiful and we saw many other birds. Most of my really good photos are of trees, but I think I've posted enough trees for a while.


And by special request: Trilliums
These are from the wild flower tour we took last weekend. It was at the Mount Cuba Center, also in Delaware.



No comments: