Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

We went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art today. I haven't been since we moved back to the area. (I still need to go back to see the Frida Kahlo show. No way we were braving the Mother's Day crowd for that!) I can't resist sharing the below image. I love it! It's so outrageous in so many ways. It's by the Belgian artist Leon Frederic, painted in 1890, titled "The Source of Life."

After the museum Olivia and I went back to Ridley Creek State Park for some more drawing. I have yet to scan her images but here are mine. It was a beautiful, if chilly, day. Olivia got some close-up drawings of the horses but I stayed back with our beagle. The wisteria grows like an out of control weed in the woods. I don't really think I've gotten the sense of it yet. Maybe it was too cold, but we didn't see any naked babies.







1 comment:

cocs said...

remember that movie waterbabies? that movie has always stuck with me tho i cant remember anything about it. i'll have to see about watching it again.. totally awesome blog entry.