Thursday, March 5, 2009

Paint Battles

It's been cold and sunny. The birds are out (see below) and it might actually be warm this weekend. In the studio I decided to wage war. I'm still working on the double spiral and I decided it was time to escalate actions against it. I have an idea that the surface (spiral shaped canvas) and paint are battling each other. Actually, my initial idea was to try to get the gestural paint to work in harmony with the incrementally created canvas. But this piece is really about forced relationships so why be subtle. I started cutting and sewing over the painted canvas and promptly broke my machine needle. So if this is a battle between myself and my canvas the canvas is up one.

1 comment:

Lorraine Glessner said...

this is awesome, colleen. try painting with fabric paint-you might have better luck with your needles.