Friday, March 6, 2009

Random Photo from the Past: Paint Jobs

I rarely paint from old photos because it's too easy to become nostalgic. I'm having the same issues with my Random Photo series but I'm going to persevere and see if I can get past the nostalgic pitfalls. This image cracks me up. That wall stayed that way for at least a year, maybe two. And by "that way" I mean with red paint unevenly applied three quarters of the way up. (That was as far as I could reach on the ladder.) I think we finally painted it a solid color when we were trying to sell it but I can't remember what color it ended up. The paintings were done in Denmark in 2004 when we went to stay at a friend's house for a month. We drove all around Sweden, Norway, Germany and Denmark on that trip. I was hugely influenced by the amazing textures and colors, especially on the island of Mon, Denmark, where we stayed.