Monday, May 11, 2009

Wisteria and the purple tree

There are two things dotting the sky purple these days. The first is the wild wisteria. I didn’t even know wisteria grew in the wild like this. I always thought of it as a difficult plant to grow. I guess it can take up to 10 years from germination to flowering but once it gets going watch out. It’s incredibly beautiful.


The second is a tree that grows all over the city of Philadelphia. I don’t know what it’s called. Someone told me they thought it had been imported from China because it grows quickly. But since I can’t find the name of the tree I can’t investigate it’s origins. I did see quite a few of them growing out in the country in Virginia this weekend.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK you have to follow up on this mystery tree too - because we just came home from a drive on the BRP in Virginia and not one soul could tell us what this tree is. :(