Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Like-New Car

I was going to go to my studio today. In fact I was on my way. But my car is shuddering at low speeds, a special new trick it just picked up yesterday. So, not wanting to be stuck on 95 somewhere around Philly, say the bridge for example, I decided to do something about my car. It needs an inspection sticker anyway. Why not today?

The mechanic just called. That sticker is going to cost me new front breaks- pads & rotors, TWO oxygen sensors, and THREE new windshield wipers. All in all my inspection sticker is going to cost me over a thousand dollars.

The good news is that I spent a thousand dollars on my car in July fixing the rear breaks etc, shocks, something to do with springs or pistons or something mechanical and the engine, and getting all new tires.

Matt tried to tell me that our cars were going to need more, that it was going to get WORSE every year. I said “Well, at a certain point we’ll have replaced everything inside and it will be like having a brand new car.” And he said, “Yeah. That’s how it works.” And I have to say, he seemed to have a hint of sarcasm in his voice when he said that.

No comments: