Thursday, January 26, 2012

Busy Week


I've had an incredibly busy week.  And look, it's only Thursday.  Monday I was lucky enough to see Michael Pollan at the Kimmel Center.  I've read his book "The Botany of Desire" which I really enjoyed.  Monday's talk focused primarily on his latest book "In Defence of Food: An Eaters Manifesto."  It was both interesting and alarming.

Tuesday night I started my sign language class and Wednesday night I joined the Stammtisch group for a drink.  (German speaking group.  I'm working on my language skills.)  Wednesday afternoon I filled in for a friend and took her class to the Fabric Workshop to see the Nick Cave exhibit as well as a behind the scenes tour.  Unfortunately they didn't allow photos.  Cave's work would be tons and tons of fun to photograph.  But you can see some images here.

This morning I'm off to Morris Arboretum where I am certain to find more fabulous trees to photograph.  Oh yeah, and in between all this I sewed hundreds of triangles together.  Monday I begin installation at the Abington Art Center.  Hopefully it marks the last time I sew a triangle.  For a while anyway.

1 comment:

PJ van Zyl said...

that is busy. i hope the weekend will allow you to slow down