Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Interest in Cows







My sister one time asked me, as we were traveling through Cameroon, why I was so interested in cows.  I believe the question came up because I kept making us stop so that I could photograph the herds of cattle we saw.  Or maybe I was just bemoaning the fact that we didn’t stop for cattle photos because I can’t remember seeing any the last time I went through the photo album.  At any rate, I told her that they presented a different kind of texture in the landscape.  (They also had cool long horns.)  

The truth is I take pictures of just about everything.  Trees, tree bark, fungus on trees, fungus other places, cactus, buildings, people, and birds to name a few of my recent faves.  Birds are particularly fun to photograph and offer awesome textural variety to the landscape.  By now the pintails feel common to me but I still love their sleek design and stunning beauty.  I also love the fact that they stay relatively still and close enough for my 300mm lens.  

No comments: