Sunday, November 16, 2008

Contact Sports

Every year around birthday time I get myself in over my head. Cupcakes do it to me every time-way too much work. These, in case you can't tell, are magnifying glasses. It was a murder mystery party. The kit only came with 6 characters so I had to invent 8 more. (Yes we were crazy enough to invite fourteen 12 year old girls to our rather small apartment.) While I was at it (and since I had to retype all of the books anyway) I changed all of the characters to female (except the dead guy) and eliminated as much of the adultery as possible (so as to offend as few parents as possible). That was a lot of work. The perfectionist in me really wanted to make the little books perfect but time ran out. In fact I finished these cup cakes only 5 min before the guests arrived. But every year I learn something new.

Who knew make-up was a contact sport?

No comments: