Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Water Lilies


I have a thing for water lilies. I don't really know what the source of this thing is or even what to do with it. But I can't wait until they put the water lilies out at Longwood Gardens. These lilies are from Schedel Gardens in Ohio. Very cool place that I don't think a lot of people know about. The Toledo Zoo also has a great water lily garden between the aquarium and the gorillas. They tend to include some really amazing African varieties. I'm hoping to find one in particular this year. I don't know the name and I can't find my photo this morning but it's very large and appears to be puckered. The puckers are repeated across the surface of the pad. I think I might sew a giant one sometime soon. I would love to know what they are called- in case anyone recognizes my impressive description-ha.

1 comment:

cocs said...

DC has an awesome water lilies/water plants arboretum i never even knew about. we should definitely go there next time you come back!