Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Screen Printing



We got off to a rough start on our screen printing project. First I procrastinated for about 3 months. Then I couldn't get the ink open. It had one of those seals where you are supposed to pull a half circle which then pulls up the full circle that seals the jar. I couldn't do it so I asked Olivia to try. She was pulling on the half circle while pressing down on the full circle. I said "No honey, that's not how you do it. Let me show you." I took the jar, yanked off the seal, and flung ink across the room. THAT's how you do it...RIGHT?? So I cleaned the ink off of my face, my sweater, my arm, and the living room floor and we moved along. We had just finished filling the screen with ink when the dog sitter arrived. The three of us discussed the cuteness of our dogs and whatnot while the ink...you know...dried. So the dog sitter left and the screen was filled with dry ink. It took a couple hours to recover from that setback. But finally, as you see above, we began printing. Some of our shirts and onesies will get one bird but several of them as well as the fabric yardage are slated for a whole flock of birds. And a few of these guys need a little touch up. Tons of fun.

1 comment:

cocs said...

very cool. i like the photo of liv.