Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boston to Maine

The drive from Boston to Maine was beautiful. Bright blue skies and green trees. It's funny how something like roadkill can let you know you're someplace different. Today I didn't not see a single deer along the side of the road. Certainly they have them here. The poor things litter the streets on Pennsylvania. What I saw driving through Maine were porcupines- about 5 or6 of them. Then as I got closer to Winter Harbor, I saw two small (well, small for a bear, big for anything else) black animals. Olivia did some research from home for me. I think they were Fishers. At any rate I'd love to see both animals alive. Although after reading the description of the Fisher, from far away would be best.

Schoodic Point is beautiful. After I checked into my lodgings I walked up to the point just in time for sunset. I resolve to draw there first thing tomorrow morning.







1 comment:

Elaine Hurst said...

Great blog, Colleen! Nice to get to know you here in Schoodic/Acadia. Fun having other artists to bounce ideas around with.