Monday, July 23, 2012

Frickenhausen 1973 & 2012



One of our primary objectives in visiting Germany was to visit Frickenhausen where I lived with my parents and sister in the early 1970's.  This was my first trip back since I was the little kid with blonde hair in the pink pants.  The steps, you can see, are exactly the same.  I expected Frickenhausen to be charming but I did not expect it to be such a good place for birds.  It's a great place for birds!  Right on the Main River, quiet and beautiful.  I still need help with the id's but the red faced birds are Goldfinch, the woodpecker is a Great-spotted Woodpecker, a Magpie is chasing a Kestrel ( I think), and a Kestrel is sitting atop the church.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderfull job on the pictures of my home town of frickenhausen am main. it its a wonderfull place to vacation especially the 2nd week of august of every year, for the Weinfest.