Friday, January 23, 2009

Hadassah Emmerich - Chitra Ganesh - Dona Nelson - Haeri Yoo at Thomas Erben Gallery

I finally made it to Chelsea and to the galleries! Two shows really hit the spot for me. The first was this show at Thomas Erben Gallery. I neglected to take a photo of Emmerich's piece so take a look at the image on ArtCal. It's a great show.

Chitra Ganesh


Haeri Yoo


Dona Nelson

Nelson's work really needs to be seen in person so in lieu of that I've taken several detail images. The first shows the intense tactility of the surface. The second and third images show the installation which allows you to view both sides of the painting. I spent a good long time looking at this work.





After a while I realized that the canvas was punctured and sliced repeatedly. From the back the light shows through. (see the white dots below.)


1 comment:

cocs said...

wow. i like the ganesh one!