Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blue Paint & Birds

Yesterday was a day for blue. I stained my hands blue working in the studio. Then when I was waiting at the bus stop for Olivia I discovered a flock of blue birds. They were very bright and very animated. It makes me feel like spring...but I still would like a decent snow storm! One day to play in the snow does not seem like enough for one winter. I have great childhood memories of entire winters covered in snow followed by intense longing to see the grass again.




2 comments:

cocs said...

love the birdies. i love that winter when we got a full wk off and the parking lots across the street turned into icerinks. that was totally awesome...

cocs said...

tali and i went to the bok tower outside orlando. they had this "window on the lake" which was a small house built just to house a huge window on a lake so you could sit there and bird watch. it was amazing! they'd put bird seed out on some logs in the lake and the birds were totally unaffected by us... because of the glass i guess. it was like watching from your own backyard. made me totally want a set up like that. we saw mating cardinals, and crows. ;)