Thursday, January 1, 2009

PLANS


My sister asked me yesterday if I had any New Years Resolutions. I don’t, I told her, but I have PLANS, lots and lots of plans. I make plans all the time. When I’m knitting I make plans about what else I’m going to knit. When I’m making art I make plans about what I’m going to make next. Most of my plans for 2009 are not specific enough to warrant the title “resolution.” Or perhaps I recognize the necessity of keeping plans open.

I discovered a while ago that acknowledging that I want to do something is enough. At the same time I discovered that it’s important to actually acknowledge when you want something. Not that I’ll necessarily get what I want but then I guess it’s equally important to acknowledge sorrow and loss when you experience it. At any rate I’ve acknowledged the desire for a number of things and allowed these desires to take the form of PLANS.

No comments: