Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Suet


My favorite activity this winter has been making suet. We never seem to move with our bird feeders and this time, what with the economic collapse and losing the house, we didn't move with a lot of things. So feeding the birds is not in the budget but I couldn’t help myself. I purchased a suet feeder, scanned the internet, and started making suet. The birds love it. It seems to last longer than the seed in the feeders do even with the squirrels working away at it. It’s also given me an excuse to make bacon. This particular delicious mixture contains the leftover cranberries from our popcorn and cranberry stringing and some birdseed. Next up, tackle getting fat from the butcher for free and stop eating the bacon.

1 comment:

cocs said...

eww! tho i bet that be super yummy for the birdies.