Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Flower & Charline Von Heyl at ICA


I need to find out what this flower is called so I can grow one.  Please let me know if you recognize it.  This beauty was growing outside the Vietnam Cafe in Philly where I met Matt for lunch Friday.  Yum.  Before lunch I went to the ICA to see the latest show.  Charline Von Heyl's paintings were very inspiring.  They are also very process oriented so while you can enjoy the bold colors and shapes you really have to go see them to appreciate all the different types of mark making she uses.  These are a couple of my favorites.  (Images from Contemporary Art Daily.)



2 comments:

MarieE said...

If you find out the name of that flower, let me know. I saw one growing over by Greensgrow farms and thought it was breath-taking. They'd probbaly know over there...

sally said...

that is a passion flower as both sexes are prominent it's a vine that mostly grows in tropical areas but they have a few new varieties that are hardy in my zone in Michigan. Love this artwork!