Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pain and Suffering

It has been a LONG time since I really made an oil painting.  Working on this one yesterday it occured to me that the gird work I made a few years ago doesn't count.  Painting is NOT like riding a bike.  It does NOT come rushing back.  You have to suffer for it.  Like the actual muscle power you need to ride a bike, cause that doesn't come rushing back either.  The good news is that my portable stretcher works great.  Unfortunately I didn't think to protect my car from spray so it's now a bit speckled.  boo hoo.  Today I'm going to remember to bring my lunch and not leave it hanging on the front door.  I'm going to drag this sucker out there again and see if I can remember a little more about how to paint.




1 comment:

sally said...

you remember how to paint! Keep up the good work.