Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Battlefields

Our Labor Day weekend was fun filled.  We drove down to Virginia for my nephew's 12th birthday and stayed out by my parents in their new location in Manassas.  This was my first visit to Manassas National Battlefield Park.  Very beautiful and an important birding location.  I'd really like to come back and find a red headed woodpecker.  On a day that wasn't so hot...or so humid!!!  It definitely brought back visions of my teen years, hazy, hot, & humid=bad hair and bad skin!!  



The real battles this weekend took place out in Front Royal, VA.  My first ever experience playing paintball.  Note the above comment about the weather and our sweatshirts.  Yes we were dying of heat stroke.  But we were all more afraid of pain then heat.  Ha ha.  I should have taken off my sweatshirt because I took all of my shots to the head. 



My dad, who won a sharp shooting medal in the army, got to show off his "mad accuracy skills."  My nephew's friends were very impressed.


I was also impressed with my dad's "mad accuracy." 


It all ended with cake as every good battle should!


No comments: